The Town of Westford has a volunteer opportunity in the field of land use planning and community building – Planning Commissioner.
The main priorities of the Planning Commission are creating the Westford Town Plan and Westford Land Use & Development Regulations, developing and implementing the Town Center Master Plan, enhancing public infrastructure, services and amenities, ensuring local resiliency, understanding biological & ecological systems in order to preserve natural resources and working lands, and supporting affordable housing and economic development.
Benefits of serving the community:
- Enhance community and opportunity in Westford!
- Gain experience communicating with municipal officials, state officials and the public.
- Gain experience and knowledge of municipal government, enabling law and the latest planning techniques and tools.
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of energy planning, natural resources planning, neighborhood design, town center revitalization, historic preservation, etc.
- Learn to create compelling community engagement content for various audiences.
- Learn how data, surveys and other information are used in different aspects of planning.
- Gain career experience working in a dynamic team of motivated individuals.
- Expand “soft skills” critical to advancement in today‘s job market.
Planning Commissioners receive an annual stipend and meet the 3rd Monday of the month with additional meetings, if necessary.
Please complete an Application for Appointment if interested in serving on the Commission and feel free to contact Melissa Manka, Planning Coordinator, with questions (878-4587 or email@example.com).