The Town of Westford invites vendors to submit a proposal on the printing needs for the 2022 Westford Annual Town Report. The selected vendor will prepare, bind, print, and mail the Annual Town Report in accordance with Statutory requirements. Proposals are due by 12pm, Friday, October 21, 2022. Click here to view the RFP.
The Town of Westford is seeking qualified applicants for a full time Road Crew position with benefits. This position involves skilled and unskilled labor tasks and the knowledge and operation of highway equipment for maintenance and repair of town roads.
Requirements: valid Vermont CDL Class B license; good driving record; experience operating various highway equipment; willingness to work long hours, especially during winter months; ability to maintain logs; participate in random drug/alcohol testing; possess physical strength, agility, endurance and mental ability to concentrate, mechanical abilities and good communication skills. Must pass pre-employment physical exam and drug test. Click here for a full job description.
For consideration, please submit resume, references, and employment application to: Town of Westford, Attn: Nanette Rogers, 1713 VT Route 128, Westford, VT 05494.
For more information, contact Nanette Rogers (Town Administrator) at 802-878-4587 or email@example.com. Position open until filled. Westford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Westford is seeking a person who has a passion for recreation to fill the part-time position of Recreation Coordinator. The Rec Coordinator works closely with the members of the Recreation Committee to help plan, implement, and organize programs. This position requires strong oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, great attention to detail, be a team player, attend all scheduled Rec Committee meetings, and pass a background check. Grant writing experience is not required but is preferred. Click here to view the complete job description.
To be considered for the Recreation Coordinator position, please submit resume and references to Town of Westford, Attn: Nanette Rogers, 1713 VT Route 128, Westford, VT 05494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Nanette Rogers at 802-878-4587 or email@example.com Westford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Town of Westford, Vermont, is requesting proposals from qualified firms of Certified Public Accountants to audit its financial statements for the fiscal years ending June 30, 2023, June 30, 2024, and June 30, 2025. Proposals are due by 12pm, Friday, September 30, 2022. Click here to view the RFP.
In order to provide guidance for processing timely but incorrectly written property tax payment checks, the following will become effective upon approval by the Selectboard.
- This policy applies only to tax payments received on or before the due date. The Town will make a good faith effort to contact the taxpayer and notify them of the defect.
- An incorrectly written property tax check is defined as the written amount does not agree with the numerical amount.
- Incorrectly written checks will be given a 5-day grace period (excluding weekends) to cure the defect in the payment.
- Corrected payments in the drop box by 8:30 AM on the 6th day (or next business day if the 6th day falls on a weekend or holiday) will also be considered as timely.
- Checks not received after the 5-day grace period will be subject to interest and penalties (except as noted above).
- The grace period does not extend to tax payments received after the due date.
- If the defect is not cured by the taxpayer after grace period has expired the town will process the check based on the written amount (per banking practices).
Approved by the Selectboard on March 31, 2022.