The Town of Westford is seeking qualified applicants for a full time Road Crew position with benefits. This position involves skilled and unskilled labor tasks and the knowledge and operation of highway equipment for maintenance and repair of town roads.
Requirements: valid Vermont CDL Class B license; good driving record; experience operating various highway equipment; willingness to work long hours, especially during winter months; ability to maintain logs; participate in random drug/alcohol testing; possess physical strength, agility, endurance and mental ability to concentrate, mechanical abilities and good communication skills. Must pass pre-employment physical exam and drug test. Click here for a full job description.
For consideration, please submit resume, references, and employment application to: Town of Westford, Attn: Nanette Rogers, 1713 VT Route 128, Westford, VT 05494.
For more information, contact Nanette Rogers (Town Administrator) at 802-878-4587 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Westford is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to provide guidance for processing timely but incorrectly written property tax payment checks, the following will become effective upon approval by the Selectboard.
- This policy applies only to tax payments received on or before the due date. The Town will make a good faith effort to contact the taxpayer and notify them of the defect.
- An incorrectly written property tax check is defined as the written amount does not agree with the numerical amount.
- Incorrectly written checks will be given a 5-day grace period (excluding weekends) to cure the defect in the payment.
- Corrected payments in the drop box by 8:30 AM on the 6th day (or next business day if the 6th day falls on a weekend or holiday) will also be considered as timely.
- Checks not received after the 5-day grace period will be subject to interest and penalties (except as noted above).
- The grace period does not extend to tax payments received after the due date.
- If the defect is not cured by the taxpayer after grace period has expired the town will process the check based on the written amount (per banking practices).
Approved by the Selectboard on March 31, 2022.
The Town of Westford currently accepts postmarks (USPS, UPS & FedEx) for tax payments. Given the electronic age we are in, the Town occasionally receives checks directly from financial institutions after a taxpayer initiates the payment. This type of payment may be known as Bill Pay.
These payments are mailed to the Town directly from the financial institution however the envelope does not bear a postmark. Effective July 1, 2015 the Town of Westford will acknowledge this type of payment based on the date the payment is received at the Town Office.
The Town highly recommends that if you remit payment using this method, you contact your financial institution to determine the appropriate lead time to ensure your tax payment is timely.