Town Clerk: Nanette Rogers
Assistant Town Clerk: Callie Hamdy
Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30am–4:00pm, Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm
Please check the home page for special hours, such as closings.
Voting information, such as how to register to vote, can be found on the Voting page.
Dog Licenses are due by April 1st. A current rabies certificate is required. If you are unsure if the current certificate is on file, please call the Town Office. For your convenience, you may mail or drop off the fee and rabies certificate along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and your license will be mailed to you.
The fee until April 1st is $11.00 for spayed or neutered dogs and $13.00 for dogs that are not spayed or neutered. Dog licenses obtained after April 1st are subject to a late fee. We encourage all dog owners to register their dogs before April 1st.
Civil Marriage Licenses
Vermont Civil Marriage Licenses are available at the Town Clerk’s office. If you are a resident of Vermont you must obtain your license from the Town Clerk of the town you reside in (unless you are getting married out of state). If you are from out of state and getting married in Vermont, you may obtain your license from any Vermont Town Clerk.
The fee for a license is $60.00. Licenses are valid for 60 days from the date of issue. The ceremony must be performed within this time frame or the license becomes null and void. After the ceremony, the license must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office within 10 days.
The application must be signed by both parties. Only one person need be present when the license is issued however we prefer both parties be present.
Please include an additional $10 with the application fee if you would like a certified copy of the license automatically mailed to you after the ceremony.
Vital Records – Certified Copies
An application and a $10.00 fee per certified copy is required before a request can be filled. Please mail the application, fee and photocopy of ID (if applicable) to: Town of Westford, 1713 VT Route 128, Westford, VT 05494. Please make checks payable to Town of Westford.
Birth or Death
1. Application and ID are required to request a certified or non-certified copy of a birth or death record. Click on the link below for the application.
2. You must provide a photocopy of the ID(s) referenced on the application, and the ID(s) must match the applicant’s name and address.
3. Availability of certified and non-certified copies is limited to certain people/organizations, based on the relationship to the person named on the record. A list of authorized individuals can be found on the application.
Marriage or Civil Union
1. Application is required for a certified copy. Click on the link below for the application.
2. We are only able to make certified copies of marriage or civil union records that are on file at the Westford Town Office. Records are filed in the town office of which one of the parties was a resident at the time of the event. In the case of non-residents, the record is filed in the town office of the Vermont town where the license was issued.
Green Mountain Passports
The Green Mountain Passport Program was started in 1973 by enactment of the Vermont General Assembly. To be eligible for a passport, you must be: a resident of Vermont, and 62 years old or older, or totally disabled as a result of disease or injury suffered while serving in the armed forces, or a resident of the Vermont Veterans Home in Bennington. Passports holders are eligible statewide for reduced prices on goods and services from hundreds of Vermont private businesses and for free admission to state parks, museums and fully state-sponsored events. Apply for a passport at the Town Clerk’s office for $2.00.